Saturday, April 3, 2010

Nuts to to the Floor

We have been busy working on many projects these days.  One project turns into two and so one.  I went on strike one day with the laundry duties as I was tired of walking from the carriage house, outside, to the main house with washer in one building and dryer in the other.  So hubby decided to make the laundry/sewing room the priority.

We got hung up on the floor choices for this room.  The subfloor was put in ontop of the cement.  As this was to be a work room for me, it had to have more of a cushion floor as I would be standing a lot.  I suggested recycling the hardwood flooring from the original kitchen and so the job started.  Here are a few pictures of the progression.  I will be highlighting the stories more as I post on the before/after of each of these rooms.  In the meanwhile, here is what was discovered yesterday while removing the old floor.  We are restoring the cobblestone smoke house roof with the usable boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment