Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Painting with the Birds

+



Summer is over and unfortately so is the warm weather needed to finish painting the house.  Hubby and I have spent the last four months working on the outside the the manor.  I have had a very close and personal relationship with a paint stripper that should have a nick name, but doesnt.  I have taken all the paint off of the windows and balcony door.

We have choosen linseed paint as it is environmentally friendly.  It's needs warm weather to apply and leaves a nice luster once three coats have been thinly applied. I am pleased to report that all eight windows and balcony door frame are painted, caulked and ready for the winter. 

While working up with the birds, I have also had interesting conversations with neighbours.  I love how people always ask the obvious questions.  "What are you doing"; to which I reply, "feeding the birds".   But it is a way of starting conversation.  Some people just stop and watch.  And I watch them too.

We have a major street under construction and all that traffic is rerouted past the Wolverton.  I have whitnessed some strange driving habits.  Lots of speeding, three point turns, and one person driving on the sidewalk to bypass slow traffic.  I watch traffic merge from three roads, past our street front and bottleneck onto the main street leading to the downtown district.

Just this past weekend, hubby and I were perched side by side on the top scaffold starting to put paint on the bull's eye window.  I was eye to eye with the bird's and listening to traffic almost 40' below my bench.  It didnt feel right and so I asked hubby to help me down.  He was willing to show me the quick way...not funny.

I have climbed up and down this 'jungle gym' for months like a monkey, but the third level... is for the birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment